Thursday, September 17, 2009

MESSAGE FROM JACKO 450


It is 1.00am NY time Wednesday September 16 and the market is at 1.4670

My short trade at 1.4615 is now playing itself out. I have a 100 pip Fixed Stop Loss. At the present time I can't say that I am dancing in the street about this trade.
In taking this trade I had three choices:
1. Buy in at the current levels ...which I thought was too dangerous given the length of this rise
2. Hold off and do nothing until the market had a significant correction...which I thought might be too long a period or
3. Sell on the basis that the market was showing initial signs of a potential correction and ride the correction down.

Because I am a trader, I decided to take the third option. Now I will see if that was the best option.

Edit 3.00am NY time Market is at 1.4688 I am hanging in this trade by the fingernails. However i have a policy, as often as possible, to let a trade play itself out. We have the 1.4720 high from last year as a minor backstop (though most insto traders would be seeing that as a target). I will let this trade continue to play itself out.

Edit 8.00am NY time Market is at 1.4673. The market has risen to a high of 1.4713 (within 2 pips of my Stop Loss) before falling back. I intend to let the trade play itself out for a while longer.


Edit12.15pm NY time Market at 1.4715 After a rollercoaster day which saw quick swings in price, I have just been stopped out.

Emails

Email 1
(A timely question....LOL)
Can you tell me, how did you deal with the trading stress when you were not experienced? I am more relaxed trading forex than futures (which I traded for many years before forex) because I had learnt that the world doesn't end if I have a loss...I suppose it is just experience as you trade more and more that you realise that losses happen...It is an integral part of this business...
NO-ONE gets it right 100% of the time. It is always disappointing at the time to have a loss (NOBODY likes being wrong!!) but it is the longer term results that count.

No comments:

Post a Comment